There are some simple steps you can take to make sure your document verification goes as smoothly as possible:
1. Use government-issued forms of identification.
Examples include driver's licenses, passports, or other state-issued identification cards.
2. The front and back of the identification should be captured as two separate documents
3. When using a mobile device/camera:
- Take the photo from directly above the document while it is on a flat surface
- do NOT use flash
- do not obstruct the ID (this means keeping fingers, etc from covering part of the document)
- Use a background with a contrasting color to the document
- The image should include all 4 corners of the document
- Passports and IDs should be photographed in landscape orientation. Selfies should be in portrait orientation
4. All images of IDs should be taken against a contrasting background.
5. If using a passport, please submit an image of only the portion of the page displaying your photo. The part of the page above the photo should not be included.