There are some simple steps you can take to make sure your document verification goes as smoothly as possible:
1. Use a valid government-issued form of identification.
Acceptable document types include a passport, driving licenses, or other government-issued identification cards, bearing a photo of the applicant.
2. Depending on the document you submit, the front and back of the identification may need to be captured as two separate documents (this is generally required for government-issued national ID cards where important information is displayed on both sides).
3. When using a mobile device/camera:
- Take the photo from directly above the document while it is on a flat surface
- Do not use the flash
- Do not obstruct the ID document (this means keeping fingers, etc from covering parts of the document)
- The image should include all 4 corners of the document
- Capture the document in the landscape camera orientation. Selfies should be taken in the portrait camera orientation.
4. All images of ID documents should be taken against a contrasting background.
5. If you are submitting a passport, please submit an image of the page displaying your photo and personal details. The page before the photo should not be included.