There are some simple steps you can take to make sure your document verification goes as smoothly as possible:
1. Use government-issued forms of identification.
Examples include driver's licenses, passports, or other state-issued identification cards.
2. Take a high-resolution, full-color picture or scan the front and back of the identification.
Image dimensions should be at least 450x600 pixels with a resolution of at least 72 dpi.
3. The front and back of the identification should be uploaded as two separate documents
You will want to save each side as a separate file.
4. Do not use Photoshop or other image editing software — do not alter the document in any way.
5. Accepted file types are .jpeg and .png and the maximum file size is 4 MB.
6. When using a mobile device/camera:
- Take the photo from directly above the document while it is on a flat surface
- do NOT use flash
- do not obstruct the ID (this means keeping fingers, etc from covering part of the document)
- Use a background with a contrasting color to the document
- The image should include all 4 corners of the document
- Passports and IDs should be photographed in landscape orientation. Selfies should be in portrait orientation
7. When scanning documents be sure to scan at 200 DPI or higher.