There are some simple steps you can take to make sure your document verification goes as smoothly as possible:
1. Use government-issued forms of identification.
Examples include driver's licenses, passports, or other state-issued identification cards.
2. Take a high-resolution, full-color picture or scan the front and back of the identification.
Image dimensions should be at least 450x600 pixels with a resolution of at least 72 dpi.
3. The front and back of the identification should be uploaded as two separate documents
You will want to save each side as a separate file.
4. Do not use Photoshop or other image editing software — do not alter the document in any way.
5. Accepted file types are .jpeg and .png and the maximum file size is 4 MB.
6. When using a mobile device/camera:
- Take the photo from directly above the document while it is on a flat surface
- do NOT use flash
- do not obstruct the ID (this means keeping fingers, etc from covering part of the document)
- Use a background with a contrasting color to the document
- The image should include all 4 corners of the document
- Passports and IDs should be photographed in landscape orientation. Selfies should be in portrait orientation
7. When scanning documents be sure to scan at 200 DPI or higher.
8. All images of IDs should be taken against a contrasting background.
9. If using a passport, please submit an image of only the portion of the page displaying your photo. The part of the page above the photo should not be included.